Blogging my trips wherever I go... Current location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Monday, July 02, 2007

Forgetting things on the train

When we were kids we learnt this phrase in one of the chapters in our Chinese text. 路不拾遗. Always thought it was just an utopian concept, but recently I realise that Japanese are somehow or rather like that.

Last Saturday on the train, I carelessly left a plastic bag with a laptop and many other stuff in it on the train when I got off (it happens very often in Tokyo). I immediately informed the station master once I found out, and the bag with its belongings intact was recovered 5 stops down. 30 minutes later, we got a call telling us that we could collect it from the lost and found section of that station.

When my friends went to a party and got themselves knocked out, my friend kinda misplaced his wallet. He got a call the next day from the party organiser that they were holding on to his wallet. My friend wondered aloud, "How did you know it was mine?" The organiser simply replied that so many people had came up to him telling him that if someone should return his wallet, to call this number.

Slack.

No comments: